Sree Ayyappa College Women’s hostel provides safe and comfortable accommodation for the girl students hailing from far off places at an affordable cost. It is located nearer to the college.
The Principal Dr. K. C .Prakash is the Warden and Prof. Jisha Nair B.J., Associate Professor, P.G. Department of Computer Science is the Deputy Warden .
A Hostel Administrative Committee is formed to ensure smooth and efficient functioning of hostel.The committe comprises of one teaching staff from each department and Head of Administrative Section to organise & coordinate of all activities of the hostel to ensure smooth running of the hostel activities.
Matron, Smt.Indira devi stays in the hostel to support the co-ordination of the overall activities within the hostel and control the utilization of the hostel facilities, ensure that hostel and kitchen adhere to health and hygiene standards set.
• Hostel has a mess which is run on a dividing system . Food is served in mess.
• Daily housekeeping service is in force to keep the hostel and its premises clean.
• 45 students can be accommodated at a time. The rooms are allotted on a shared basis and they are furnished with separate beds, cupboards and study tables
• A separate study hall is also provided for the self-study and preparation.
• It is based on various criteria such as the number of seats allotted to different courses in the college; date of admission and in accordance with the policy laid down by the hostel committee from time to time.
• All applicants are required to fill in the registration form available at the hostel office or at the college website www.sreeayyappacollege.ac.in
• A hard copy of the filled-up application form, duly signed and forwarded by the Head of the respective Department is also required to be submitted to the hostel office within 7 days of admission.
• The candidate accepted for admission will be required to pay the requisite fees at the hostel and collect the receipt. Self-attested photocopy of the Aadhar card of student, parent/local guardian should be submitted at the time of admission.
• Applications seeking admission to the hostel will be finalized after an interview with the candidate, her parent/s or one of her approved local guardians. A student under no circumstances can be a local guardian.
• Admission of a student may be canceled for any of the following reasons:
o Involvement in ragging
o Misuse of electronic gadgets viz. mobile phones, laptops etc
o Violation of rules and indiscipline.
o Suppression of facts and/ or providing wrong information.