Library in our college is established for the systematic collection, organization, preservation and dissemination of knowledge and information. It is very important for man to preserve and maintain the valuable knowledge and information contained in the books and documents because we want to preserve our knowledge and wisdom for the coming generations. By preserving the documents in a library this knowledge can be made available to others so that they can benefit from it.
To support student community for Higher Education
To Support teaching staff for effective teaching and research
To support the Local community for Service commission exams.
The library is aesthetically located in a central place of the college and is very prominently housed in a big and spacious building. Provides facilities for reading journals, periodicals , and Reference Books for more than 200 students.
The Library is divided into four sections viz.
a. Reference and Periodical section
b. General section
c. PG section
d. Archives section
Library is fully automated with KOHA- an Integrated Library Management Software (ILMS) which provides a very user-friendly interface for searching documents (OPAC) available in the library and their issue-status. It provides a very user-friendly interface for searching books available in the library and their issue status. Server computer with latest configuration, Laser Printer, Plastic coated Labels for Barcode, Bar code Reader, General Scanner, etc are used for in-house functions. High bandwidth (100mbps) Wi-fi, Networked Computers for public access are used for accessing OPAC, Circulation Status, access to e-resources, etc.
Automated Gate Register facilities of the software manage the daily visits to the library and provide usage statistics on all categories of visitors.
Besides the traditional services, library provides the following services
E – Jounals
Elsevier-Biotechnology & Computer Science https://www.sciencedirect.com/
Open-Access Books https://www.doabooks.org/
Open Access Journals
E - Books
EBSCO-E Book Engineering Collection https://search.ebscohost.com/
McGraw Hill Engineering Library https://www.accessengineeringlibrary.com/
National Digital Library of India (NDLI) https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/
LIBRARY AS A LEARNING CENTRE
The current strength of materials comprises text books, reference books, e-books, Journals, e-Journals, Digital database, CD & Videos, periodicals etc.
I . The Library and Reading Room will remain open on all days from 09:00 am to 05:00 pm expect on except on Sundays and public holidays.
2. Books can be borrowed or returned from 9.30 am to 4.00 pm on all working days.
3. Silence shall be strictly observed in the Library, Reading Room and its premises.
4. Students are required to produce their identity card on demand to enter the Library.
5. Journals, periodicals and books in the Reference Section will not be lent out. They may be referred
to inside the library by submitting the identity card.
6. Students at the UG level will be issued two books and those at the PG level three books.
For faculty members four books will be issued.
8. A member who fails to renew / return a book within 14 days will be fined Rs 1/per day until the book
9. If a book is overdue beyond three week, the Librarian will report the matter to the Principal
10. Borrowers will be held responsible for any damage caused to a book. When a book is issued to a
member it is presumed that it is in good condition, unless otherwise pointed out. If a book is
damaged or lost by a member, he/she will have to replace it or pay the cost of the book at the
current rates with fine.
11. All the books must be returned to the Library before the closing of each term, or at the time of
sending the applications for the University Examinations.
12. Keep footwear out of the Library.
13. Library is a full-fledged, well furnished and computerized one with e-Grantha software. Students are
requested to use the facilities with care.
14. The library is equipped with Computerised search and book issues.
15. The library is used by more than 200 students every day.
The following departmental libraries provide additional facilities for reference work for PG/ UG students of the concerned subjects.
Computer Science, (b) Electronics, (c) Mathematics (d) Biochemistry & Industrial Microbiology, (e) Commerce
Free Internet Access.
LAN Networked services for E – Books.
Reprography: Photostat copies, Printing, Downloading Soft copies and Scan documents.
Displaying Newspapers’ Clippings of Special Column periodically.
New Arrivals alert: Displaying and circulating the list of new books.
Competitive Exam Alert through circulars and assistance for online apply.
Hard and Soft collections of Competitive Exam Question Banks.
Extension Activities through Library Club.
Mr. Shinenath P K
|Collge Library Report|